CCH Political Alert - If it's in the news, it's too late!
How do you subscribe to CCH Political Alert?
FREE TRIAL - CLICK HERE
What is CCH Political Alert?
- The most immediate source of political information available - an "early warning system" designed to immediately alert you to political developments that will impact on your organisation.
- Offered in a customised format that allows you to accurately select the information that best suits your needs on chosen topic areas.
- Delivered in a convenient email format.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of your chosen topic areas - parliamentary records, press releases, news reports, etc.
Download the brochure here.
What can it do for you?
- "You know what you need to know" - it improves your decision making by providing a complete record of the political action in your chosen topic areas.
- "Insurance Policy" - it leaves nothing to chance. You won't be caught out by political surprises, especially about your business or industry.
- "Information Filter" - it removes the "too much information complex". No need to trawl through newspapers, websites, Parliamentary documents, etc. looking for the information you want.
- Convenient access provides it straight to your desktop.
How have people benefited from the service?
Some case studies outlining the success of our service:
- A consulting firm were advising a large mining client about the importation of some heavy duty mining equipment. The timing of the landing of the equipment on Australian shores was critical as to how much duty would be imposed as a result of some legislation simultaneously going through the Federal Parliament at the time. Up-to-date information was required from the CCH Political Alert on a day-by-day basis as the possible savings in duty were extremely large.
- The CEO of a large mining company was flying into Canberra one evening to meet with senior Government Ministers. One of the Ministers had made some comments in Question Time earlier that day regarding the subject matter of the meeting. Access was able to meet the CEO as he alighted from his executive jet, hand him a transcript of the Minister's comments prior to his meeting with the Ministers.
- An environmental lobby group were trialling our services, even though they had staff in Canberra and believed they had all issues covered. At the end of the trial they said on three occasions they managed to get media coverage on important issues, which they would have otherwise missed. They said CCH Political Alert, “saved their bacon”, and are now paying clients.
- A retailer in the energy sector decided not to subscribe to a political monitoring service. One year later they only found out about a piece of legislation, specific to their industry, when it had almost finished being debated in Parliament. The retailer said, “do you know how hard it is to lobby once something has already gone to the Senate?” The firm now understands the value of our services.
- An industry body representing a segment of the finance sector was hosting a luncheon in Canberra, with the guest speaker a former Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia. On the same day, the Howard Government was due to release the terms of reference for the Wallis Inquiry into the Australian financial system. CCH Political Alert was able to get several copies of the terms of reference as soon as possible after they were released to the function location. The hosts were then able to provide a copy to the guest speaker to incorporate into his speech. This made the industry body look good in the eyes of the speaker, and in turn the speaker in the eyes of his audience.
How does it work?
- Information is supplied via email - direct to your desktop. This information is source material only and there is no commentary provided.
- Your monitor service comes with an online mailbox / storage facility that provides you with a record of all information that has been supplied by your monitoring service.
- You can change your topic areas simply by contacting us.
Why is CCH Political Alert the best in its field?
- No other monitoring service can match our extensive range of topic areas, at a national and state level.
- With more than 350 sub-topics you can refine your brief to cover only those areas which are important to you.
- You get exactly what you need when you need it!
What do you receive?
Subscribers to CCH Political Alert receive press releases and announcements from members of Federal and State Parliaments, legislation, reports, transcripts of parliamentary proceedings and statements from government departments relating to the topic/s selected. Please note that this information will be sent to you immediately upon its being made available from the source.
How much does it cost?
Click here for a list of topics and prices. Contact us for a solution tailored to your organisation.
What topics are covered?
Our coverage is grouped into key topic areas and under each there are numbers of sub-topics - you can choose a whole topic area or you can mix and match any group of sub-topics from the complete list - the choice is entirely yours. The key topic areas are listed below, clicking on one of these will bring up the full list of sub-topics.
How do you subscribe to CCH Political Alert?
CCH Political Alert subscriptions are specially tailored to meet your individual requirements. Fill out and submit the enquiry form and a CCH representative will contact you to discuss your needs in greater detail.